Monday, November 17, 2008

Paying it Forward


I decided to play "Pay it Forward". Wendyburd is paying it forward to me and I am going to pay it forward to three other people.

"Here are the rules: The exchange focuses on doing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return other than that the recipient will, in their turn, pass the kindness along and pay it forward in their own way. This is how it works... I am going to agree to send something fun, inspiring or uplifting to the first 3 bloggers who post a comment on this entry (please leave your email address if I don't all ready have it.).

In turn you will then post about this on your blog, link to me, then send something to the first three people who sign up to play along through your blog. There are no cost restraints, but don't go crazy! The little something you send can be something you made, bought, were given or found. No biggie, just a gift that will make the person smile. Maybe something unique from where you live? And remember that kindness doesn't have to involve money; there are untold ways to help others every single day, everywhere you go - just look around."

Comment away!

p.s. Wendy, feel free to scroll down to my last post and send me one of those. Kidding!! kind of....

p.s.s. no, I'm not sending potatoes (especially one in the shape of a heart)

ps.s.s.s.s.s.s.s.s COME TO DINNER FRIDAY!

18 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm not playing, because I doing good in the world, hence my social work job, but I will leave you some comment love anyway.

Ashley Outnumbered said...

Am I really in the first three? This can't be. Must push submit ASAP! ;)

*MARY* said...

holy crap holy crap

*MARY* said...

I'm one of the first three, yipee!
Wait this means I have to do something nice, I really should have thought this through.

b. said...

I work on a Pediatric unit with sick children...so that means I'm disqualified as a current do-gooder (or is that good-doer?).
Anyway, I'm LOVING that potato!

Whitney R said...

So does this mean that Kristina and Brenda are out of the running?

Whitney R said...

p.s. this is great cause I can give Mary and Ashley their gift at DINNER FRIDAY! Wahoo!

Kristal said...

What a fun idea! I can't wait to see how this travels throughout the blogosphere and what people do for each other.

Mindi said...

boo. i'm too late.

but i support all paying it forward.

rychelle said...

too late....maybe i can pay it foward on ashley's blog...

did you grow that heart potato on your farm?

Wendyburd1 said...

Don't fret people the more people that DO it, the more chances YOU have to be a first three commenter!! Just PAY ATTENTION to who gets picked and then keep an EYE out for THEIR posts!

Whit - I finished your gift!! I HOPE so much that you like it!! It IS made by me so I am a little worried but hopeful too! I just need to buy some stuff to send them out in for all 3 of my Pay It Forward's and then it will be on it's way...I will laugh however if MY package gets to you first! ROFL!

Anonymous said...

I love the heart shaped potato. Makes my day. As for your top 11 things, with the exception of the electronics, I can't imagine wanting to spend that kind of cash on ANY of it, very cute as it all may be. Just sayin'.

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea....I wanted to say that, but because of my lowly computer state right now I am not entering myself, just saying I admire your kindness.

PS- what are the dinner details?

Jillene said...

What a bummer that I am not one of the first 3!! Stupid hurt back!! I seriously couldn't move after 6:30 last night. I NEED a laptop!!

Bonnie the Boss said...

I love the idea! You are inspiring. I may copy you next week.

Kayleigh said...

Aww, that's a great idea! We need some more love in this world.

Aquaspce said...

What a fun idea Whitney!

Alexis Treese said...

Freak! I'm 15 comments too late. Freaking work... it gets in the way of my blogging. la la la . How about the drama going on with our girlfriend A. I loved her moms comment... have them pick weeds in their own backyard etc.
Back to your post...I'll have to do this. I forget how good it feels to serve. I can be a bit self absorbed sometimes. Shhhh dont tell anyone.