Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight All Night

So, naplobomo didn't work for me this time. Maybe next year. I'm still in Utah and I just got my internet to work at Amber's house. Woohoo!

I decided to let everyone know what I thought about the Twilight movie.

First, I liked the books. I think they are a fun escape from reality, they are complete fiction which is why I don't get to critical of them. And I think it's great that Stephanie Meyer wrote these for fun and now has enough money to use as mattress stuffing. I wish I could come up with a story that could make me millions.

Maybe something like this...
Once upon a time there was this girl who wanted so bad to be a fairy, and she tried and tried to make herself one. Like flying off the trampline with wings.. didn't work. Jumping from flower to flower.... that just made her mom mad. And then one day, she found a tree stump with a large hole in the bottom. She crawled in and....

Are you curious what happened? Would you pay 20 bucks a book to find out WHAT HAPPEND??

Give me some feedback, I need to make millions so I can buy everything on my lust list down below.

Back to the Twilight movie.

I tried to go into the theater with no expectations. And that I did. I thought the movie was great. I think they followed the book better than a lot of other book movies. The only thing I didn't like.... were the awkward camera angles. It killed the moments for me! The beautiful romantic moments... killed them.

Other than that. Great! I'm going to go again this week and take my husband. I just know he'll want to read the books after seeing it. ;)

p.s. the meet and greet was great. I'm sorry I had to leave early and that I didn't get to talk to the middle of the table. Next time maybe I'll invite a select few, and then rotate through my blogroll every few months. Would that work?? Oh! And Julie gave me a flower pot looking thing with tissue paper. Well, come to find when I opened it there were these AMAZING peanut butter cup things. Julie- I WANT that recipe. Not only have I eaten all of mine, I'm eating Amber's, too.

And Amber is being the best hostess. And Alexis keeps crawling into my bed at night because she can't sleep without me.

16 comments:

Jules AF said...

I've been meaning to post it, but I'm too lazy. blah blah blah haha I'm glad you liked them!

Kristina P. said...

Yeah, I texted Julie after about her present. Delicious!

It was good to see you again. It is hard with a bigger group, so I completely understand.

Victoria Elder said...

I LOVED the movie but then again I haven't read the books ya I am too cool, psssh that is just so like Alexis, what a little hussie

Teresa Jordan said...

Weird camera angles and horrible special effects! Other than that, I loved it too.
I am so sad I didn't make it to the meet & greet. I'll be there next time. Can I be one of the select few you invite? :0)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, saw the movie. Enjoyed the popcorn! I'm glad I read the book first!

I need to go and write down my dreams, there may a gold mine in one of them.

Some day I'll make a trip up to Utah or Idaho meet all you fabulous bloggy friends. But remember if you ever come down to So. Cal let me know!

rychelle said...

i'm so sad every time i miss a meet n greet, but i'm especially sad that i missed peanut butter thingies.

amber belmonte said...

we just had a pow wow on my bed for the last 3 hours so it feels a little strange to be commenting on your blog... but yay for yummy peanut butter things + seeing twilight together.

Wendyburd1 said...

I loved every inch of it! And I know my movies (I own almost 600, woot!) so shhhhhoooshhhh! LOL

Jillene said...

I went on Saturday night and I went with LOW expectations but I ended up liking it.

Anonymous said...

The movie was not nearly as bad as I'd feared. It DID do the story some justice, and apart from some over acting and 70s looking FX, it really grew on me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll go to the next one.

Cajoh said...

The girl going down a hole in a tree stump… hmmm, sounds a lot like someone I knew once. Does she meet up with a cat or something like that… or will I have to have a gag order because I stumbled upon your rough draft???

Didn't see the movie or read the books (guess they're all the rage now) But I guess I'm dating myself (should I order flowers, or get candy…).

Hope your trip home was an adventure (mine always are).

Aquaspce said...

I totally agree with everything about this post, except the meet and greet part because, well, I wasn't there so it truly wasn't as Fantastic as it could have been ♥♥!

Brittany Marie said...

I LOVED Julie's peanut butter thingies. I tried to make them at home last night. (They weren't as good).

Erin said...

You're lust list. That's great. I need a lust list.

rachel said...

I thought the movie was fun, just not the golden stardust body paint and Jasper's expression the whole movie. I'm new to your blog, but I've read enough to know that I would totally buy your book...should you write
one :D And I called Rexburg home for awhile when I did the school thing up there and loved it.

Jo said...

It was a great meet and greet. I rather like the large crowds, personally. And the lady who got mad and left? And especially you got her picture! That was one of the best parts. Besides the visiting with good company.