Thursday, November 6, 2008

Black Bean Brownies!

Does this look yummy to you?


I have a 45 minute nutrition presentation tomorrow in one of my classes.

I decided it might be fun to try this new "healthy" brownie recipe I found.



That silly South Beach Diet.

Thinking up new ways to desecrate perfectly good food.



Obviously I made it anyway.

No, I didn't try the batter... I am too nervous.

Instead I decided to make it. Feed it to my class and watch their reactions.



I had to poke it with a fork to make sure it was done.

It rose so much it looks like a CAKE!

It does smell good, though.

I'll let everyone know how it tastes tomorrow after I make sure it doesn't make anyone throw up.
p.s. I woke up this morning at 6 and realized that because I didn't sleep well and I was still feeling yucky I wasn't going to make it to my 7:45 class. I e mailed my teacher and turned in the assignment due. I went back to sleep and slept till 8. I woke up fully intending to go to my 10:15 class and even got ready. I felt quite a bit better than yesterday but still not 100%. When it finally came time to go - I decided I'd rather not. So I didn't. And let me say, I just HAPPENED to land on the day the teach didn't take attendance or make us take a quiz. YES! It was meant to be. I am feeling a lot better than yesterday, but am now really tired and completely stuffed up. I went to bed at 8:30 last night and it's almost 10 now and right after this I'm going to bed! But I actually have to wake up at 6 tomorrow and can't go back to sleep. Bummer. I really enjoyed (not) my 12 hours of tossing and turning last night. Hopefully I will actually SLEEP tonight. I'll take my 8 hours with a smile. Goodnight! p.s.s. Thanks for everyone's concern :) Made me feel all special.

26 comments:

*MARY* said...

I have the deceptively delicious cookbook, it's full of recipes that call for pureed vegetables. The brownie recipe has spinach, SPINACH, and there's a banana bread recipe that uses pureed cauliflower, my kids love it.

Glad you're feeling better, really I am.

Misti said...

I have heard of this black bean brownie recipe. A little to scared to try it. If it is indeed yummers, would you give me the recipe, and I can trick my husband??

Ron and Blair said...

EWWwwwww, I don't do HEALTHY!

Jillene said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. Sorry that I missed the post about you not feeling well. THIS STUPID COMPUTER!! )0: Anyway--I can't wait to hear how the brownies taste!!

Kristina P. said...

I only gagged a little bit while reading this.

Kayleigh said...

What are you talking about? Aren't black beans the secret to everybody's brownies?

Kidding. Those beans in those brownies...*shudder*

Kristal said...

OK, beans in brownies is a new one for me. I'm interested to hear how they turn out. But I want to know what the guys say (they usually have less tact and are therefore more honest when it comes to telling a lady how her cooking is ;P )

Anonymous said...

glad you're feeling a little better.

I've done the black bean thing, although not with the Splenda. Not horrible. BUt there was a little aftertaste. And I love black beans. I just like them better in my burritos.

Victoria Elder said...

K I am so curious on how your brownies are going to taste & the faces you will see, cause if you could see my face right now! Blegh!

Wendyburd1 said...

Okay now, I DO Splenda, I am diabetic AND had WLS, so it is a MUST. But I also KNOW now what NOT to use it in, what products NOT to buy that contains it,etc. (Seriosuly never get the choc. chip Pillsbury cookies to bake that use Splenda...*gags*) Splenda mix and homemade...mmmmmmm.

But I will never eat black beans in my brownies, I am sorry.

Mary - do you have that brownie spinach recipe? I hear you really can't taste it and I LOATHE all veggies...cept potatoes (technically a root), lettuce (almost water!) and cucumbers!!

Aquaspce said...

hmmmmmm let us know either way how it turns out!

Amy said...

Sorry you're sick...I've been sick all week too and would like to introduce you to my new best friend...nyquil!

Anonymous said...

I've had those brownies before. The first bite before I knew what was in them was GOOD. After I found out it totally changed my taste buds and it wasn't so good. The mind is a powerful thing!

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Is nothing sacred?

Erin said...

Beans? My sons needs beans in his brownies. Were they good or not?

Cajoh said...

"beans, beans the musical fruit..."

Hope that your recipe is a "hit".

Christa said...

I've never actually made brownies like this myself, but I've eaten them. They're not bad. I would even go so far as to call them good. So, don't worry. You're not going to cause projectile vomiting by feeding them to the class.

P.S. It's called Nyquil. Get some and you will sleep much better tonight.

Jo said...

I was going to say Nyquil, but the previous poster beat me to it. Hoping you feel better soon, and I can't wait to hear how those taste, the idea is rather, um, unappetizing.

Unknown said...

Please let us know how the brownies are! I am sure if you would eat them you will get better instantly!

Anonymous said...

I also have that Deceptively Delicious cookbook that the first person commented on but only used it for about a week before storing in the back of the cabinet. Bleh. Although, those brownies do look delicious...

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Don't forget the Beano!

Alexis Treese said...

Ugh beans and brownies?! The sad thing is I am such a pregnant godzilla I'd eat it just because its food.

One big (small) difference between me and Casey is that... growing up when I was sick my mom would TOTALLY BABY us. She'd go on special shopping trips to buy coloring books, sprite, popsicles and soup. Casey on the other hand was usually told he was faking it (which he probably was to get out of school). So now when I am sick I am expecting the world to stop and Casey to coddle me but he usually tells me Im being dramatic. (which is usually 40% true but I really am 60% sick and need trashy tabloids, Vogue US and Euro editions, popsicles, sprite and soup and someone to tell me how sorry they feel for me in order to have a swift recovery. If I was in Idaho, I'd give that all to you. On the bright side... You get to skip BORING classes.

Unknown said...

did they taste good? ew.

Wendy said...

Gagging, just thinking about it!

Shauna said...

How is it? Let me know :)

Shauna said...

P.S. I just signed up to follow your blog! ♥ Hugs