Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lookey What I Can Do!

Shauna at Trying to Stay Calm posted a sweet post about how to make those hearts.

You know.... ♥♥these ones!!♥♥

Here I am, just about computer illiterate, I know how to blog and sort of use Word. So sad all the time because people do such cool things with a computer and keyboard. No one wants to learn me how.

Finally someone is going to teach me how to show my love out loud on the internet!

Not so fast, Whit.

She only showed how to make them on a keyboard with a number pad.

*tearing up* But I have a laptop!!

I thought about commiting bloggy suicide (no I didn't). I gave up all hope. Knew I could never love a comment.

I was wrong!

Shauna emailed me and told me how to do it on a laptop. So here it is. I know I know, the masses are squirming at the edge of their seat in anticipation.

Okay, for those of you with a laptop, find the blue Fn key. Then find the Alt key. Press them both down then press your blue 3. Mine is on the letter "L".

Fn+Alt+L= ♥

For those of you who are lucky enough to have a key pad, you hold down alt and the 3 on the key pad.

For some reason this has really excited me. I'm in a super good mood. See... I'm very easy to entertain and please.

you just have to surprise me with something from my lusting list 2 posts down to bring me true happiness. Kidding! sort of....

Leave a heart at the end of your comment

X♥X♥X♥ (see.... so much more personal and people can figure it out w/o having to guess what that darn O means.

30 comments:

Aquaspce said...

Oooh, I totally wanted to know how to do that! ♥ yay! I can take the time to thank you for teaching me something new today! ♥
Ohhh I just tried new stuff here's a hodgepodge of whatever...

♀☻♫♦♣☺♠○◘•◙♂♪☼►◄↕‼ yay! SUPER excited, my next post is going to be AWESOME☺♥‼

Kristina P. said...

Look at all the hearts!

Hey, do you want me to make reservations for Friday? I'm thinking that number up there isn't accurate. I'm not sure how many people will be coming, but I'm thinking maybe 15 or so.

Shawn and Michelle said...

haha thats awesome, I never knew how to do that! Do you know how to do upside down ?'s and ! 's....it's been driving me crazy, I can't figure it out!

Dads(2) said...

♥♥ WOW ♥♥

Whitney R said...

Kristina that would be great. Maybe you could mention on your post tomorrow that those who are coming come and vote on my poll then we'll have a more accurate number?

I'll post about it tomorrow morning.

Jillene said...

♥SWEET♥!! I love the little hearts too!!

b. said...

Ok....I'm ginnew try it:

♥ Oh.my.goodness! Fer Cute!! ♥

Shauna said...

YAHOO you got it working! Awesome! Have a great night! ♥ Hugs!

Jules AF said...

FIFTEEN???? But I was going to bring cupcakes that I just made for everyone. And fifteen is how many I made because I like big ones. (That's what she said.... haha)
Dangit. How can you be so popular?? Haha.
And I don't do hearts. Sorry.

Goob said...

♥the new background! too cute. I wish I would have logged in yesterday for the pay it forward! Oh well, next time.

Anonymous said...

3 I'm so jealous, cause all I get with fn+alt+L is 3

33333. Stupid mac. Actually I love my mac. Or maybe that's "I 3 my mac". I just don't 3 it right now very much.

3, mina

Ashley Outnumbered said...

I totally ♥ you. I ♥ that I will get to meet you friday. Until then... ♥loves!♥

Brittany Marie said...

How cute!

So whose name will the reservation be under for Friday? Is Sampan actually in the mall or is it a stand alone restaurant that is east of the mall?

Whitney R said...

If only I knew. Kristina knows where it is. Since she'll be calling... maybe it will be under her name? I'll find out.. then let everyone know in an official post tomorrow

Kayleigh said...

Haha, Mina's comment made me laugh.

♥ .....

...HOLY CRAP! ♥

Whoa. That is so going to get used a lot by me. Probably too much. Thanks for the tip, Whitney!!! Woohoo!

*MARY* said...

CRUDMUFFIN! I'm on my laptop right now, my ALTless laptop, my kids like to pull the keys off.

Brigitte said...

I too am laughing at Mina's comment. hehehe

Wait a minute... I have a Mac too....

£....

dang. I alt+3 and all I get is £. What the heck?!?! I guess I'll have to try upstairs on the regular old PC.

And clue on getting the line through the words? Like someone is crossing it out? I really want to do that.

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Too funny! I would have died and never known how to do that if you hadn't shared it with me. Thanks! ♥ Have fun with all of the bloggers Friday. I am headed out to see Twilight ☺

Alexis Treese said...

Whitbear, now I can sleep at night because I can heart out my blog. Love and angel kisses.

Wendyburd1 said...

I AM excited too!! I have never been able t and they always say "just use your number pad" hello laptops don't have THAT!!LOL
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Unknown said...

I ♥ you somuch for posting this. I am on a laptop for a while, which totoally blows, but I was so out of that cute ♥ loop!

I am back in the game, baby!

Sara Ann said...

That is great! I wish I could come to the meet and greet, I heart..I mean ♥ going out to eat with funny people!

Jo said...

♥oh my gosh!♥ I have always wanted to know how to do that! Whoo hooo!

rychelle said...

=/

i still don't get it. sorry.

Cajoh said...

If you really want to get fancy, you can start using real html code. Just check out… http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm for fun things like…

Copyright: ©
Trademark: ™

Enjoy…

Cajoh said...

Saw some Mac users having difficulty. Looks like that symbol is not as easily generated, but I did find a way: http://marketwall.com/help/mac_heart.

Enjoy♥♥♥

Brigitte said...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Thanks CaJoh!!

amber belmonte said...

♥ VERY cool! ♥

Christa said...

I just learned how to do this a couple of weeks ago and it has opened up a whole new world to me. ☺

Kristal said...

♥ LOL I did it! So cool!