Monday, November 10, 2008

Baby Shower Invites

November 1st I got together with Stephanie to work on her baby shower invitations. Nathan (the husband - my brother) picked out the paper. Surprisingly, he did a very good job at matching.

An eye for the crafty, Nathan, eh? :)

I looked up all sorts of different ways to word an invitation and I settled on what you'll see below. (had to scratch out some vital information that only those VIP's invited get to see)

Stephanie seemed a little bit overwhelmed with 40 invitations to do!
Luckily they started to crank on out rather quickly once we got the hang of it.
We worked on them for a few hours then I took the rest home and worked on them the next night. (do you sense a recurring theme in some of these pictures? Besides my Indian couches.. I always have to have a blanket on me. This one in particular was made by my grandma and given to me as a gift when I graduated from High School)
The end product!! I'm so very proud. I knew I wanted to make the invites because I loved the way one of my friends turned out. It took quite a bit of time but in the end, for 40 invites it ended up being less than 20 bucks. Not so bad, eh?
I hope you can all see the super cute giraffe stamp we used. I made sure to buy an extra (just in case I need to use it someday)

I'll let everyone know how the shower goes. Thanks for your great ideas!

17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

These are adorable! I'm sure they will be a big hit.

Whitney R said...

I hope so! Thanks Kristina :)

*MARY* said...

So cute Whitney.
A lot better than cutting up greasy old pizza boxes, writing "hey come to the party, punk" on them and throwing them out the window while you drive by people's houses, like I would have done.

Jules AF said...

Can we get a closer up picture? I know, I know, I don't like pictures. But I like invitations!

Wendyburd1 said...

They turned out so cute!! That must have been a lot of work!!

Katie said...

They turned out way cute. I love seeing all the cool crafty things people come up with. It's really so I can copy them later...It's easier than coming up with ideas on my own.

Victoria Elder said...

Crafty look at you Martha Stewart

Kayleigh said...

Cute! Those did turn out very good.

I liked the Indian couches, too. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Jillene said...

VERY cute!! I am impressed by your creatinve talents!!

Erin said...

Such creativity. That is the type of thing I would never want to throw away...I would want to save forever. Cute!

Jo said...

They turned out really cute! And I like the way you operate. You decide you want to make the invites and then you make the guest of honor make them. You are going to have to teach me your ways, because I am jealous!

Whitney R said...

haha. She wanted to help :) I made the layout and put together all of the wording. Went to her apartment, printed them out and she cut them and started to put them on. Then I finished :)

And Julie, I forgot to post the picture of it by itself! I had one all ready, but I was a little tired. I'll do that today. I have a close-up.

Steph said...

I can officially read your blog again! haha

Ashley Outnumbered said...

40?!? Seriously?!? Geez! That's going to be one party! Very adorable invites. :)

Kristal said...

Look at you, you crafty cutie!

rychelle said...

looks like you had a lot of fun making them. they look great!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! My sister and I made all of the invites for her wedding, yes her flippin' wedding! We actually made about six or seven different ones before coming up with the final version and then cranked out over a hundred in about a week. Fun. I didn't look at vellum paper for months after that...