Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Cold or Allergies?

I have been so busy the last... week? Now that I think of it I don't think I got a nap at all in the last week. The last 3 days have been particularly draining. Constant driving, a full 9 hours of shopping and trying clothes on and walking, late nights, no naps, waking up early. Before I was pregnant I would be fine - that was normal, but now... oh man.. I was so tired yesterday I about fell asleep driving home at 2:30 in the afternoon! I had to call my mom and make her listen to me talk on and on about each outfit I bought. Which was a lot by the way. I bought a TON of clothes, but I'm so happy that I finally have clothes to wear. I'm going to go through my closet and put away all of the stuff I know I wont be able to wear until I'm back to my pre pregnancy size to make room. Maybe I'll take a before and after picture. It'll be pretty crazy. I'm also very excited about the stuff I found. Deals, things that aren't maternity but will work better than some.

Anyway, back to the exhaustion. I'm pretty sure (99%) that I have a cold. I have never had allergies in my life (yes, I know you can get them and especially during pregnancy), but this feels so much like a cold. The symptoms started yesterday with a really annoying runny nose into my throat (gross, yes) and a lot of sneezing. Then my throat started to feel really sore and raw. And my glands are swollen and achy. Jaren refused to believe it was a cold which for some reason drove me up the wall and made me really angry. I don't get upset that easily, but I think being tired along with my crazy hormones is really throwing me off. I took Mucinex-D which was prescribed last time I had a cold which was before I knew I was pregnant, but knew I could be. That helped a little, but when it wore off around 1 a.m. it was horrible. No sleep, I kept waking up turning around sneezing... uhg. I would look at Jaren all peacefull sleeping with not a care in the world - he kept pulling the covers away from me! I was so mad at him! Every time I rolled over I was mad. And I wasn't even hogging the covers. Apparently he didn't realize he was doing it.

I don't really get mad or angry at him. But when I woke up and looked over and saw that he wasn't there I was so mad! He came right in when he heard me rustling around and I told him... "I don't know why, but I woke up so mad at you." And I was. For another 15 minutes so angry. I don't know why, don't understand. He was very patient, like always, but kept trying to get away, which made me more mad. haha... it was ridiculous. I knew it was the whole time! It didn't help that he kept saying, "sounds like allergies" every time I whined about how I was feeling.

So I googled, "Allergy symptoms versus cold symptoms" and found that the two key things are the length of the symptoms and a sore throat. I have a scheduled doc apt for Tuesday morning (to find out what the kid is- shh... I can't think about it, I'm too excited and it's still too far away) but I don't think I am going to wait till then to find out if it will just go away or not. I'm going to Boise that day as well to help watch my niece and nephew and I don't need to be sick if I can help it, so I'm going to go in and see if there is anything I can do about this COLD. I'll sure be embarassed if he comes back and is like, "Actually... you don't have the cold virus, just allergies". But I don't believe that. I feel too horrible.

I think I'm going to go back to sleep.

Also, I have my 17 week picture to post, but I'll do that later. And I am going to post pictures of a few of my maternity outfits, but again, that will happen later.

I also have to make a hair appointment, change my chiropractor visit (they called me, but I have to call them back), run a few errands in town, call the dentist (the sensitivity never went away since February, but I was too scared to go in again... but I need to get it taken care of), and then call the doc. Too much work! I'm tired.

Also - I felt the baby move yesterday!!! I'm finally 100% sure I felt it. Before I thought.. maybe... but maybe not. I have been constantly running around, talking, driving and jostling the kid around that the second I got home last night and sat down about 2 minutes later I felt him/her on the right side of my uterus movin like crazy. I got so excited I pressed pause on the TV and waited and about 30 seconds later felt it again. I cried and cried and cried... about called Jaren, but knew he was going to be home in a few minutes so I waited. He tried to put his hand on my stomach, but I told him it will be another few weeks till he can feel the kid move through my belly. When could other people feel your kid move??

p.s. the concert was amazing. I'll post about that as well. I don't remember a concert being that loud, even though I'm sure they all have been, but I'm so much more aware. I was scared I was making my kid deaf, but when I plugged my ears and just heard it all muffled it sounded fine. So feeling the kid move yesterday confirmed he/she is still alive. I'm so glad my rock concert didn't kill my kid. I was worried. :)

9 comments:

Jillene said...

With my first pregnancy I didn't feel movement until I was about 17-19 weeks. Matt couldn't feel it until I was about 20-22.

Your hormones are in overdrive. That is why you woke up mad.

Kristina P. said...

Isn't there a Friends episode where someone wakes up angry at someone, after a dream?

Aquaspce said...

Piper was doing cartwheels and backflips I swear by the time I was three months along. EVERYDAY EVERYNIGHT. No wonder she slept all the time after she was born! One cool thing with Piper was she would push so hard that you could see little hand and feet outlines it was very cool.
Deklan didn't move very often but when he did, it would be like one big roll from one side of my body to the other.
Kai had issues as we learned and so didn't do a whole lot of moving but he'd kick every now and then just to let me know he was good :)

Alexis Treese said...

I didnt feel G until the 21st or 22nd month and I was irritated, I waited everyday for that. I would say patience but I know patience flies out the window when youre knocked up...believe me I KNOW.

Casey NEVER believes me when I say I am sick with something and it totally infuriates me. Even though I know a significant amount of the time he is right but if he's not...oh the wrath of Alexis... This time its fibromialgia. Im really convinced I have it.

Anyway, I hope you feel better, being sick while pregnant the symptoms are terrible times 10. Sending you health vibes through the universe.

Unknown said...

Man- you have been busy, but that is good! It will make those 40 weeks go by much faster.

It is so cool to feel that baby moving...I didn't love pregnancy, but that is one thing I do miss. I was a beast...so moody, too. It eventually passes!

Sorry we couldn't work out a time to meet! I hope we can next time!

Ashley Outnumbered said...

Tell Jaren it's a cold. The end. :)

Get feeling better!

Cajoh said...

I know that I have already sent you my link for home remedies, but even if I have allergies, I typically treat it like a cold. Not knowing what you can and cannot take while pregnant may put a damper on those things that kill a cold fast… but hang in there, you should be better in no time.

Wendyburd1 said...

You ARE so busy, no wonder you are so tired! You need some naps! I can't wait to see what you bought~!

The Risenmays said...

Glad you had a good time at the concert and were able to get some new clothes. Everyone says you need to get out and do stuff before the baby comes because you won't be able to later. I felt the baby move at 16 weeks and Matt felt him move around 18-19 so soon enough Jaren will be able to feel. You will notice the little kicks more and more now that you have felt it once. You get to find out so soon! Can't wait to hear what you will be having :)