Wednesday, May 20, 2009

16 weeks

I couldn't decide which picture to do this time, so I did two.
This one was taken Tuesday. I took one of my naked belly and the love handle was too big. So down came the undershirt - so much safer!
Jaren took this one today. I had just eaten a big Bajio salad, but really, I'm huge. I don't know if you can see well enough.. but seriously.... even my Young Women girls, "Whitney... your REALLY big... your going to be HUGE" Think I will?? I'm only 16 weeks and I feel like I should be 22 or something. Okay... looking at this picture it doesn't do the belly justice. I'll see if I can dig a better one out.

This last week has been good. I think my belly has doubled in size. A few times I felt sick again and that wasn't exciting. I had to stay at the in laws because I can't go without a toilet for a night. I only exercised once and it ran it's toll. I put on more weight this one week (week 15 of pregnancy) than any 4 weeks combined so far. I'm having a bit of a hard time with the weight going to other places than my belly. Like my face, arms, thighs.... I know you are supposed to gain weight while pregnant, don't start on that. I'm fine with the weight gain, it's just when it's on other places other than my belly or chest. I mean, I'm not carrying the kid in my thighs! It's just taking some getting used to and the only way I can be happy about it is if I exercise on most days. So, that's something I'm trying to work on - more than three days a week.

Sleep: falling asleep is hard. But once I'm out.. I am OUT. Until I have to pee.. that wakes me right up, then I have a hard time falling back to sleep again. I've been so much more tired this trimester than in my first and so I need naps. If I don't get one I'm ready for bed at 7 p.m. It's so crazy, though, because once I fall asleep it's like it's nighttime. I wake up and my body feels like it has been woken from only 5 hours of a needed 10 hour nap. And if I don't set my alarm, I sleep for 2 hours. It's been interesting :)

I am still just trying to feel movement.... I know it will probably not be for another week or two, but I just keep trying anyway! Why not? I've thought I've felt it a few times, but usually I toot so that must mean gas and not baby. I am so sore down there around my uterus that I'm wondering if I'll even know when I am capable of feeling it. It will probably be mixed in with all the other ouchies that have been goin on.

Less than two weeks and I'll know what I'm having! Then what? Just wait for another 22 months, I guess? I can start shopping!

I think this one is at a better angle for the hugeness. The hole in the wall is supposed to have a light switch for lighting on the ceiling that hasn't happened yet, but has been talked about for the last 2 years :) Jaren's a busy boy....

And since lately all we've seen is me and my big belly here is my very good looking helpful husband who I get to see maybe, if I'm lucky, for 2 hours out of a day. It's wearing on me.. it's been going on for over a month and before that I was in school so I saw him maybe 3 hours a day. I think we need to just get away for a day or two. I miss him. And I live with him! But I miss him like crazy.
Our vacuum was smelling horribly, so he peeked and it was the belt (which is what I thought). Worn too loose so it was slipping and just burnin rubber. I'm picking up a new one tomorrow.


18 comments:

Victoria Gilbert said...

You look great whit! The first 2 pics you don't look that much different from last time, but that 3rd pic is showing some progress there, and you look really good. I'm trying to build up the courage to take a pic of my belly for all to see. You are a brave girl, but also a very cute one, so that makes it easier!
.... hi Jaren!

Paloma said...

You look stunning!!! WOW. I love you hair- it's so shiny and the deep
color is so pretty. Is it natural or colored?

Wendyburd1 said...

You look radiant Whitney!! I have an award for you on my Blog by the way and you deserve it!

Don't worry about the weight! Have you seen Poppy Montgomery (Without a Trace actress) since the baby? She gained 75 pounds besides the baby and it is GONE!! So just enjoy the pregnancy, gaining is good for lil Spud!!

The Boyce's said...

Such a cute pregnant belly! :)

Jillene said...

I promise that you are not huge. You seem to be doing just fine. And the weight gain thing is annoying but it's a good thing and it will go away after the little spud is born.

Jo said...

Ohhh your tummy is sooo cute. And actually, the fat you need to make breastmilk is stored in your thighs, which is why they get bigger. Here is the good news! Breastfeeding is the ONLY time you will actually LOSE fat cells. They don't shrink, the baby sucks them off. Free lipo! Welcome your new roundness, it means you are healthy and your body is getting ready to take care of the baby. I think you look darling!

andrea. said...

whitney, you are beautiful! you seriously look great...but i totally understand gaining weight is such a hard part of it. my doctor told me that i should only gain 15 pounds and i did that in my second trimester!!

i love all the updates! keep them coming!!

ps. your house is so cute!

Erin said...

Very cute belly!

I hope you can spend time with your husband very soon!

Kristen said...

I think you look awesome, I love seeing prenant ladies. It will go away after but you won't care anyway once you are holding your new tiny.

Kristina P. said...

I can't believe you are only 16 weeks along! You don't look huge though. You look cute!

Whitney R said...

Paloma you crack me up! My hair is natural, but I'm always so tempted to highlight again - but then I think about the grow out and money and I think twice. Thanks for the compliment! :)

Everyone else is sweet talking me off my fat ledge. This has all been interesting to say the least - seeing how my body is changing. I've never felt so out of control of what happens - which is fine. I'm happy about the belly growth, means the kid his growing and healthy. :)

Aquaspce said...

You and my sister are hilarious... Pardon me while I laugh but you're little baby bellies are so cute and well, little! I just had to say the word pregnant and I would pop out worse than you guys by 16 months (I say you guys cause I just realized you're both due around the same time) YOU ARE WAY TOO CUTE :) and love handles my butt...

Anonymous said...

You are not huge! You look amazing!! Two more weeks?! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl! I am saying boy...

Alexis Treese said...

You are such a doll, in fact I think I'll call you in a minute and tell you so. I loved getting your message yesterday. Okay so I gained 50 pounds in my pregnancy. They say you should gain 30 or so. But 50 pounds!!! You can imagine me freakin out! So I totally get it. And I didnt feel kicks until 22 weeks and I was waiting every day!! As for sleep ugh, the peeing, but unisom was my best friend. Remember our 1:00 am run to the store to get unisom. it helped me sleep better and then fall asleep right away after I had to pee. la la la have a great day.

Lena Gilbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rowboat said...

mmm i got stuck on the bajio's lunch you had. yum. i miss that place. and you look great whitney. i am so happy for you!

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

You should look all the different organs that gain weight, I remember reading about it somewhere you'd be surprised all the things that add up and the fetus is just one of them. You know what I lost all my baby weight in 3 weeks, half of my weight was the water in my legs, hands, and face so awful I swear. AND remember I had a C section. With your little healthy body you'll bounce back fast, and I've heard if you exercise MODERATELY recover much faster. Relax stress is not good. So enjoy this time to have a hard round little belly. Wednesday sounds great let me know when you'll be around, I need to clean my house. HA.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tiny!! Love the baby bump :)