Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Beauty of the Toilet




Seriously all I can think about....

Why? Because I can't use mine!!

Why? Because the pump for our well is BROKEN!

What does that mean? No running water. None. Luckily we have bottled water, but what use is that when you can't dispose of the aftermath properly? It's no use!

Jaren informed me that I can, in fact, use the toilet, just can't flush. I can't do it.... I can't... maybe if it was just once, but since I go every hour and it wont be fixed till tomorrow it is not really doable.

He's not phased, though. He was born with man parts that make it so that the universe is his toilet.

Luckily, his parents live just a few miles down the road and haven't cleared his room of a bed yet so we will be staying with them. It's actually funny.... after it's distressing. It's more funny, though, that we stay with them and our house is just 3 minutes away. But it's off limits if I want to be comfortable at the moment.

Never have I been so grateful for running water before in my life. At least when you go camping, there are sometimes faucets for you to wash your hands. None of that here! And some camping sites have toilets!

Have fun with your running water you civilized generation!

p.s. I'm thinking I'm going to reschedule the little meet and greet for some other time. Not anyone can make it so we'll just figure something else out someday.

15 comments:

Victoria Elder said...

This toilet situation is so deja vu I swear it happened to me when I was pregnant....k it totally has just remembered we lived in a crappy 4plex in provo & our pipes froze! totally weird I just remembered that

Kristina P. said...

That is horrible! I have had toilet problems, which is gross, but never all the water out.

rychelle said...

i don't even go camping, if there aren't toilets at the camp site.

hope all is fixed SOON!

Brandon and Calley said...

Haha, you're so cute! The toilet in our room is broken..so we have to walk all the way across the house in the morning..lol so I feel for you, at least on a tiny level. :)

Anonymous said...

Ack! sorry about that Whit, I'm sure I could find a good toilet picture in my files to cheer you up, let me look.....

Anonymous said...

HA! Found some and sent them, hope you get some enjoyment and relief!

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

"the universe is his toilet." Love it.

Victoria Gilbert said...

Ohhh what a nightmare! No toilet! Aren't we a pair... I have no sink, and you have no toilet. Well, at least I can use my kitchen sink though... sorry Whit. Hope you guys get that fixed soon!!! It's no fun being preggers with no toilet! yikes!

Christa said...

There's no way I would stay in my house for any length of time without running water. I have 5 people in my house using the bathroom. It would get really gross, really fast. I hope it gets fixed bright and early tomorrow. ☺

Wendyburd1 said...

Oh Man I wouldn't be able to do it either, I NEED my flushing toilet!! And being Diabetic I go more than normal people so I wold find that equally distasteful. Yay for the in-laws!!!

WHERE is that toilet house? Did it say? i'd love to see the floor plan for that!

Jillene said...

Holy crap!! I hope that it is fixed soon. We would be in big trouble around here if we had no water. There are 5 of us going on the pot--it would get really nasty really fast!!

Jo said...

Running water. A luxury us spoiled folk can't do without. I have no idea how my mom did it with 4 kids and an outhouse. She is amazing.

Chad, Chelsea, Dawson and Jett Davis said...

Yeah, that really happened at the worst possible time for you didn't it?!!

Alexis Treese said...

First of all being pregnant without a toilet is pure torture. I wouldnt know but I can imagine.

Second... I'll give you one guess as to which toilet is my favorite.

Third... Youre a dollface and I cannot wait to see your precious little one.

Phil and Holly said...

That first pic with the teeth on the toilet is AWESOME! I'm so gonna do that someday for my kids' bathroom!
-Holly