Thursday, June 17, 2010


  • I woke up at 1:00 a.m. and stuck a bottle in the babe's mouth and she downed almost 6 ounces in her sleep.  (so proud)
  • Woke up at 5:50 a.m. for the day - touched up my previous days make up and washed the rest of my face, got dressed, pop tarts in toaster and packed the diaper bag
  • 6:20 a.m. woke up the babe, changed her, put her in her car seat and headed to the hospital
  • 7:20 a.m. nurse comes in to take Naomi away - she is NOT happy to be taken away from me in a strange place, by a strange lady - so I walk her to the O.R. doors - my heart breaks
  • 7:35 a.m. Doctor shows up while we are watching and playing along with Dora the Explorer - surgery went great - just some fluid in her right ear, she'll be back when she wakes up
  • 7:40 a.m. Naomi comes in and is not happy with us
  • 8:10 a.m. find the faucet entertains her enough to stop screaming her feelings at us for a few minutes
  • 8:50 a.m. We check out of the hospital and she is still not happy with us or anyone else
  • 9:30 a.m. Finally home after getting her prescription ear drops - she is happy happy to be in her room, in her crib and goes right to sleep
  • 10:30 a.m. after eating some toast and having a "feelings" (as we like to call them) talk with Jaren I lay down and sleep for the rest of Naomi's nap
  • 12:00 p.m. wake up, Nae is up, feed her some pear's and raspberries (which she loves) and fight with a bit of her fussyness 
  • 1:00 p.m. playing with the babe - still fighting the fussy's, but is still a happy girl
  • 2:15 p.m. lay her down again for her second nap and think, "Oh man, I hope she is sleeps longer than an hour and a half"
  • 2:20ish p.m. answer formspring questions
  • 2:45 p.m. clean out my closet.  Put away clothes, try on clothes and have a huge pile of "give away" clothes.  So happy to see my closet less heavy.
  • 5:00 p.m. Naomi is still sleeping... starting to wonder if she will ever wake up
  • 5:09 p.m. she wakes up
  • 5:10 p.m. happy, happy, happy baby
  • 6:30 p.m. eats her green beans and beef gravy mixture and is still happy happy happy
  • 6:45 p.m. is in her Jumparoo while I unload the dishwasher only to notice she is currently pooping her pants
  • 6:46 p.m. take her out of jumparoo, put her on floor, take off her diaper. let her finish pooping (she really likes emptying her bowels freely)
  • 6:50 p.m. put her back in her Jumparoo and I clean the kitchen
  • 7:15 p.m. give her a bottle and grab her pajamas
  • 7:20 p.m. put her in jam's and hold her and sing to her until it's time for bed
  • 7:35 p.m. lay her down and she get's angry when I try to put the drops in her ear - give her teething tablets and that makes her happy
  • 7:40 p.m. eat my dinner
  • 8:00 p.m. Jaren comes home and we talk and we laugh
  • 8:20 p.m. I eat some cookie dough
  • 9:13 p.m. watching the Real Housewives of New York reunion and blogging
  • 9:14 pm. Happy for tomorrow with a happy pain-free-in-ears baby


Jenny Robbins said...

I'm so glad that even though it started out as a not-so-fun day, it ended up being be pretty great. So glad that Naomi is feeling better. Great news!

明英 said...