Thursday, July 3, 2008

Jerry Seinfeld!

This is Jessica at her luncheon. Jaren and I were able to go to the ceremony and it was beautiful. Then we had to rush through the luncheon to get to Salt Lake in time to go to the show. Jess looked beautiful and was really happy. I'm jealous; they are in Cancun on their honeymoon. :)
So this week has been one of the busiest this semester. I had things going on all day every day so far and it's so nice to sit here right now writing this with most of it out of my way. I had 2 hard tests, one in Epidemiology and one in Exercise Physiology. I had a take home test that was due wednesday in Exercise Phys, and a 12 page case study that was due in Epi today and a few other assignments that don't sound very impressive so I wont mention them :) I finished both my tests yesterday and the case study; it took all day. So, 2 weeks left of this semester and then it should be all down hill from here. Next semester is 12 credits (I'm taking 15 now and took 15 last semester too), with 2 or 3 pretty hard classes, maybe. Then my last semester will be 7 credits! I'm so excited to be done! I just don't think of it in months from now... just 6 months of school left; it sounds better.

Anyway, this last weekend we got to go on a mini vacation to Salt Lake to see Jerry Seinfeld. I had never seen him before and I haven't seen a lot of Seinfeld episodes. I know I know.. "What?! Whitney they are so great!" They ended in 1999, right? I was 13, not quite old enough to care a whole lot about anything other than TGIF episodes. But, Jaren on the other hand is old ;) He likes it when I tell him that when he graduated from high school I was a beehive. haha. He is a major Seinfeld fan, can tell you about any of the episodes and quotes them all the time. Not only him, but his family too. They will be talking about something, then one of them will quote something and everyone will laugh. At the beginning I felt so left out. Now, I just know they are quoting Seinfeld and someday I might catch up. We have all the seasons and Jaren wont open any of them to watch, he wants to tape the episodes on TV to watch. I find it really funny. So Jaren's parents got everyone tickets, 3rd row might I add :) The opening guy was a guy with the last name Papas, so they call him Papa. I wish I remembered his first name. He was super funny talking about how "What if humans really weren't supposed to eat meat." "One of the Saints comes back to God and tells Him, 'You know those humans.. well, their eating EVERYTHING! We've got a problem.' " I love comedians because not a whole lot makes me laugh super hard and I love to laugh super hard, who doesn't? One of the funnier things from Seinfeld was his encore bit. He started talking about the automatic toilets and how super sensor sensitive they are and how the sinks aren't as quick to catch on. "For the sinks, we have to do a David Copperfield arm waving just to get it to come on." Then, "and they seem to use the most sound reflective materials made by man, metal, tile, porcelain, what else can they use to make every noise reverberate in the room?" I can't remember the exact wording but it went something like this.... "nothing is made very tight. There are the cracks in between the doors and the door doesn't go all the way down to the floor so you see everyone's sad pants and socks and skinny legs. And your walking down trying to find an empty stall and you catch glimpses of these frightened deer in the headlights eye's through the cracks. What else can they do to make this experience more humiliating?!" That was the part that made me laugh the most, because it's all the truth. Every bit of it. I really had a good time and I love seeing comedians. We saw Brian Regan last summer in Idaho Falls and it was hilarious too. Hopefully he comes again this summer.

So, I made Jaren talk about it too, because I knew he'd remember more than I did. And he's never posted and I hope to get him to post more often. This is all I got and its sure better than nothing.

Jerry Seinfeld is the "King of Comedy", his routine was dead on. He spoke on his wife and kids and how he can't speak to his wife in his "normal" tone but has to use his "nice, higher-pitched, falsetto" tone. If that is not the truth, I don't know what is. He talked about how fathers wardrobes are frozen in the time period when we felt in our prime. Oh Jerry, its funny because its real. The opening act before Jerry was a guy named Pappa and he talked about his father always ending every conversation with "is that what you want" his dad would ask, "if you miss school today you'll end up a hobo living under an overpass panning for food and money... is that what you want?"

I hope everyone has a fun day today. I'm very excited for our reunions this summer so I can see my family that I never get to see. :) That will also mean this semester will be over! Happy 4th everyone! I sure do love living in this country. (I added the bolded things to Jarens entry because I like the way it looks)

1 comment:

Victoria Elder said...

What a review :) I was laughing! Man Jerry is the best, you need jump on the train Whit! I was watching TGIF & SEINFELD!! OH & ER I just has the biggest Crush on George Clooney... Good post Jaren! pretty impressive! I wanna get my hubby to post too!