My body, anyway. Today marks 7 months postpartum and I am 1 pound away from my goal weight. I'm sure it will come off sometime in the next few weeks while running like a crazy.
There are a few things that are different after going through a 46 pound weight gain during my first pregnancy.
- My back seems to be holding onto fat more than it used to(bra fat and love handles)
- My tummy isn't totally completely flat like it used to be, but it's close. The muscles are - I just have a small tire going around my middle.
- The arm acne. Never had it before, but it popped up while pregnant and has not gone away and has gotten worse and worse. It really really bothers me. I don't know why it's there and why it wont go away!
- My breasts are different because of breastfeeding and will never be the same. Kind of bummed.
- I'm a bit weaker. Can't do as many push ups like I used to.
- My thighs are a little more shapely.
- A few fading stretch marks on my outer thighs (never got any on my tummy!)
But these things really aren't bad. The only noticeable thing I think is the layer of fat around my middle. And it's not much, just a little. Maybe others may not notice it much.
I haven't posted a recent body picture, but I had Jaren take these 2 weeks ago.
Except this one. This is me a year ago 6 weeks preg.
6 1/2 Months Postpartum
Overall I'm very happy with how I've bounced back. I am not exactly as thin as I was before, but I feel like if I keep exercising hard I can be with time. If not, that's ok. At least that's the mood I'm in now. Tomorrow I may feel differently.