Monday, January 19, 2009

Current Musical Obsessions

For those of you who do not know - I love music. I'm somewhat of an addict. I have a HUGE CD case that got stolen, but I got lucky and got it back. I mean, I have hundreds of CD's and I really haven't bought more than 5 hard copies in the last 2 years. But, I have bought quite a few online.

Thanks to blogging friends I was introduced to a music site that sells .15 cent songs. AMAZING. If you would like the address, ask and I'll send it to you.

But, I also have XM in my vehicle so I hear a lot of stuff the radio doesn't play.

I now have two (still three, really) voice lovers. I love their voices. I told my husband that I had a few other loves and they were voices he laughed.

I was going to embed a video for each artist, but you tube decided to get stuck up and took off their embedding link. So, instead I'll give a list of awesome songs and link them. If you listen to any of them listen to the first one. You wont be disappointed.


Numbero Uno

Kings of Leon
Use Somebody
Closer
Sex Is On Fire (don't be alarmed by the name of the song, it's not dirty)
On Call

Numero Dose

Interpol (they are really good live)
Slow Hands
Evil
Take You On A Cruise

Numero Tres

Muse
I'm going to let you go on You Tube and search these guys because I like every single song they've ever done. Their music is amazing, but the lead singer's voice isn't as good as these other two. But I like it all the same.

If you have any good music you'd like to share, I'll check it out. Let me know in the comments!

21 comments:

Jules AF said...

Are the 15-cent songs in Russian? haha
(Office quote, if you didn't know)

Kristina P. said...

When did YouTube disable the embed code! I just copied a link from there today, for a post for tomorrow. Weird.

Whitney R said...

I don't think they did it on all, but it did it for the video's I wanted to put on here

Victoria Elder said...

k the evil video by interpol is creepy well the puppet is anyhow. I LOVE MUSE!!! I can't imagine my life without them :) I've really been into paramore lately,

Victoria Elder said...

k the evil video by interpol is creepy well the puppet is anyhow. I LOVE MUSE!!! I can't imagine my life without them :) I've really been into paramore lately,

Aquaspce said...

I love Interpol and Muse!
I like lots of stuff actually, I went through an English Band phase @ 10 years ago, I still love the bands even though they're old now...

That Girl said...

SEND CHEAP SONGS!!!

I am also obsessed with music ... and have almost none. Long story. I posted about it a while ago, but I'm too lazy to look up the link. Anywhoo. SEND CHEAP SONGS!!!

Jillene said...

I, too am obsessed with music. My husband thinks that I am crazy because I would rather listen to the radio than watch TV. Matter of fact the TV hasn't even been on today--just the radio.

You have GREAT taste!! I like all 3 of these bands!!

Anonymous said...

i, on the other hand, am music retarded. i am going to check out all your favorites though!!

where do you get the cheap music? i have to know!!

Brittany Marie said...

You know who is disappointingly bad when they are live? Fall Out Boy. But they're disappointing in other ways too I guess. What with the Simpson fraternization/procreation and everything.

b. said...

Your numero uno (Leo) is a hottie!

Umm...I've been listening to 80's music lately.

Jo said...

Since I've turned 40, I would rather listen to talk radio. Another sign I am getting old. My hubby loves music though and he is older than me!

LittleFamilyJL said...

I can't wait to check them out. I love getting good music recommendations.

And 15 cent songs? I would like the website, my friend.

stooncesdk@yahoo.com

Gracias.

Michelle said...

You do have good taste. I like all those songs.

Wendyburd1 said...

.15 cent songs!! Where?! I know I fall in love with voices too! My sisters laugh and say it is not a reason to like someone's music but that is just the way I have always been!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Kay, I wanna know where you're getting $0.15 songs!!! My husband and I really, really love Muse! They are awesome! I've listened to a few songs that you posted and I really love them too! I can't wait to listen to the rest. You have good music taste sista!!

Anonymous said...

I am really loving Gavin DeGraw right now but I have always been a HUGE fan of The Fray! Not too original but I can't get enough!

Strawberry Shortcake said...

I would love to know where you can get 15 cent songs. I love music too. It took me a while to get back into it after I had my kids (I used to go to TONS of concerts. I couldn't get enough. I even followed Better Than Ezra around the country one year). I am in love with Muse. The music is amazing. I have to listen to more Interpol and Kings of Leon. I adore Death Cab for Cutie and The Postal Service. I also really like Maps. They are pretty good. Thanks for sharing and I would love to get that website!

rychelle said...

i love being introduced to new artists, so thanks!

Brigitte said...

I used to be OBSESSED with music too. I have so many CDs it's a joke really. But now my kids are so loud that I rarely listen to music because I crave peace and quiet!

I've turned into that old person complaining to turn it down!! So sad. :(

Phil and Holly said...

oo I want to know where you're getting the 15 cent songs too! Phil gets mad at me when I buy them off iTunes :)
-Holly