Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Best Compliment Ever

Today I was teaching a Fit for Life class how to exercise using medicine balls. After wards when I walked into the locker room one of the girls from the class came up to me and said this:

"Thanks, you did a great job. And you have great eye brows."

Only one other time do I remember a compliment given to me directed at my eye brows. I was 17 and leading the music in Young Women and one of the Beehives told me they loved my eye brows. I've always remembered that. I try particularly hard to groom my babies because if I don't, they get out of control. You can blame the genes from my father.

I've only ever had them waxed two times in my life. Let's take a look, shall we?

Ignore the strange behavior and check out the eye brows. I will admit, my eye brow self esteem is normally very low, but as of today has been boosted considerably. For some reason, Kodak doesn't seem to think I have red eye in this picture and wouldn't let me correct it. Oh well, that's not the focus of this image anyway. It's the brows.

I hope everyone is doing well, I'm sorry I've been so absent. This semester is so crazy busy. I look forward to graduating soon and having the time to travel and blog and read and scrapbook and clean and cook and do laundry and fold and iron and do whatever I want. I'll be back, I promise!

18 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is so funny, because your blog is the last one to read on my Reader, and then I was going to tweeze my eyebrows!

And you DO have great eyebrows.

Kristina P. said...

And a nice butt. ;)

Whitney R said...

hahaha, why thank you Kristina, you must have seen me from my good side

Ashley Outnumbered said...

I think you've got the whole package. Who's just lookin' at your eyebrows? I guess it could have been weirder, like saying you have nice elbows or something. Glad to see you around. Don't let school kill you. You are just about there!

Halftime Lessons said...

Great picture, Whitney!

And there's something strangely hypnotizing about you...

oh...wait...

nice eyebrows.

you'll forgive me if I dont comment on your tush. I'm a family man. And Im a big fan of my own tush. To compliment yours would be to belittle my own.

Work hard...after you graduate we expect 2 posts a day.

Wendyburd1 said...

You DO have great eyebrows. Mine grow like crazy too, but I tend to go over board, plus they have no real arch...and I am too OCD to let them get so hairy wax can be used, I'd look like Oscar the Grouch!!

Jo said...

I hate my eyebrows, so I really appreciate nice ones. You are right, your brows rock!

Jules AF said...

I miss my good eyebrows. I hate plucking, and I'm too poor to get them waxed, so I'm screwed.

Cajoh said...

I guess it's not the evil eye's that have it anymore, but the cool eyebrows. Never was much of an eyebrow man, but now I'll have to pay more attention.

Good luck with your final semester.

Anonymous said...

You really do have wonderful eyebrows. I am going to start complimenting people more often on them because you are right, that is not a compliment you hear very often!

Brittany Marie said...

Yeah eyebrows is where it's at.

I left Snow College because they made you take Fit for Life. (or as the clever students called it "Fit for Death".) At SLCC they have no such class. Guess where the letter Bee graduated from?

Kayleigh said...

I hate plucking my eyebrows. I envy yours. (That's weird...I've never envied anybody's eyebrows ever....yours must just be that awesome!)

amber belmonte said...

agreed! fantastic eyebrows. and skin. and hair.

surprisingly, i've been remembering to water the plant and it hasn't died yet. GO ME!

thanks for the compliment and my new header. i've changed it 5 trillion times. i'm already tired of it. LOL...

still don't know when our shower is getting ripped apart, they're waiting for a bid. i'll keep you posted. :)

love + miss you!

Unknown said...

You do have beautiful eyebrows. I just go tmine waxed on Weds, and they did such a good job I kept checking myself out in the mirror. I love it!

Ann Marie said...

Wow!! Your eyebrows are very nice looking!! No offense but I never really noticed!! But now that you point them out, they truly are lovely!!

That Girl said...

Yeesh. I'm totally suffering from eyebrown envy. Mine don't grow where I want them to and grow where I don't want them to.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You do have great eyebrows! If I ever got that comment, I would probably collapse in heaps of grateful tears because mine are the embarrassment of my face...growing up my forehead, down my eyelids, thick in places, sparse in others...let's just shave them off.

Kristen said...

coming from someone who knows eyebrow waxing you do have nice eyebrows. Good luck with school, I hope it goes by speedy for you!