Monday, April 28, 2008

Nursing?

So, classes started last Monday and during my last class there were a few girls in there who, when the teacher asked who they were mentioned something about nursing as a minor. He even used quotation fingers when he said Minor. So... for those of you who do not know, I have two semesters left after I'm finished with the one I just started. That's 24 more credits to take then I'm done! After this summer semester I will have every class that is required for my Major completed, I just need the rest of my minor classes and emphasis classes. So... I got to thinking, I just wanna see. That day after paying my tuition, which is a million dollors.. blah, I went to the academic advising center to see if Nursing was offered as a minor. The girl at the desk told me that it didn't exist and I should talk to the nursing advising center to find out any more. So, I did. I was given a list of the classes required to get your RN. I happen to have every class taken except for the nursing classes themselves. 28 credits of nursing classes. So, automatically I kinda freaked out and realized that's 2 semesters and I could get my RN. I made Jaren come home so I could talk to him about it and he seemed really excited. So, I tried to get a hold of the Nursing Department Chair and I made an appointment to meet with her Friday to see if it would work. If I could drop my minor and maybe my emphasis and just double major so I would finish in two semesters still. I'm on track now to graduate in April of 09, and had I been able to do what I hoped I would graduate in July 09. But, you have to take classes in a certain order and cannot take more then is suggested for a semester. So, it spans out 4 semesters and that would mean I'd graduate in April of 2010. Well... that bursted my bubble. So, I decided for now not to do it. I don't want to go another year because i hope to have a baby sometime next year and that wouldn't be possible if I was in nursing school. So, I'll graduate on schedule and then later, if I decide I can apply and all my previous classes will still count and I could go 4 semesters with just 2, maybe 3 nursing classes at a time. It would be very doable, later. I struggled all week last week because I wanted to do it, but I didn't want the extra time added on and i didn't want to put off my other plans. So, after all the stressing and Jaren telling me to calm down I'm doing nothing different than what I'd planned on for the last year and a half.

This semester is going to be very busy. I have a heavy load with a ton of classes then require a ton of reading and memorizing. I'm taking 15 credits; Communicable and non Communicable Diseases, Epidemiology, Planning and Implementing Health Programs, Medical Terminology, Intro to Health Professions and Exercise Physiology which will be the hardest. I love what I'm learning, the body and health interests me incredibly. I just hope in 3 years I remember everything I'm working so hard to know. Oh.. by the way, I got a 3.7 last semester gpa. I'm happy about it, never got that high before. So, if I don't tell what I got this semester in July... It's not as high. :)

No comments: