The day started out fine. I have a sick baby. She has an ear infection and is trying to get over a 2 week long cold. She also needed a higher dose of her Reflux medication and we didn't know until yesterday. So, her reflux came back and I have been handling a pretty sad baby that has been really needy.
So, with all the wonderful med's that are helping her feel better she slept much more sound last night. Which meant we did, too. It wasn't until I tried to get on the treadmill, started to walk and felt the PSD (this site calls it SPD) pain again that I started to lose my good mood. And I was only able to go just over a mile before Naomi started to fuss. I tried running and the pain got worse. Much much worse.
Jaren came home for lunch and I took a shower. It was during this shower where I realized what needed to change. I'm afraid my PSD/SPD pain needs time to heal and hopefully my Chiropractor can help. If not - I'm finding a new one. I need to get myself back. I need to exercise. I need to not let my eyebrows grow out of control. I need to not go 3 days without showering. I need to do things for myself.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE being a mom. I'm in love with my daughter. I love taking care of her. I love being at home and making sure she learns to fall asleep by herself, making sure she eats when she is supposed to. I love reading to her - hearing her talk and squeal. I love to sing to her; especially since she is the only person on this earth that loves to hear my voice. I live for her smiles. This is what I was born for. At least it feels like it; being a wife and a mother. I am so happy with where I am in my life.
I just need to now take care of myself, too. Naomi is 2 1/2 months old (11 weeks today). I have had plenty of time to get used to being a mom and develope a routine. She is predictable and I should be able to work myself into the day as well.
Here is the plan:
- Exercise at least 3 days out of the week. (Idealy I'd like 6 days out of the week, but I'm taking off days and time into consideration)
- Do push ups and sit ups every day
- I'm giving myself 3 months to get back down to where I was pre-pregnancy. (I'll post tomorrow with my stats)
- At least every other week get out and do something for myself (either pedicure, massage, facial, tan, and/or when the weather get's nice; things outside) Idealy, I'd like to do this once a week. But it may not happen that way.
- Shower MUCH more often
- Wash my face every day (believe it or not, sometimes it's hard to find time to get in and wash my face... ridiculous - I know)
- Floss my teeth every day (a hard one for me)
Because there are a lot of beauty schools here that do the pedicures and facials for cheap I can afford to do something like that every once in a while.
If I'm feeling as motivated as I am today I should start posting more often. It's part of my motivation - making this public. And maybe, hopefully I can inspire or help someone else.