I met Amber once the month before and met Alexis for the first time that weekend.
What did I learn?
- you can make awesome friends on the internet
- staying at someone's home you barely know can be quite fun
- Alexis is the most stylish prego I have ever met
- Amber is super talented and she doesn't even really realize it
- Amber is an awesome mom
- two girls who grew up together can make you feel like you also grew up with them - even though you didn't
- the hostesses husband makes awesome Sunday breakfasts
- husband also let us girls hog his wife and his bed till the wee hours in the morning (he fell asleep on the couch or with his son... not quite sure which)
- i love playing connect four with a 6 year old
- i should have put all of my notes from middle school and high school in plastic sheets in a huge binder
- that I want to spend weekends like that again and again
I also spent some time with Victoria who I had been wanting to meet in person for a while now. We met online through a mutual friend 7 years ago. Never spoke again and she randomly found me on Facebook in June or May.. can't remember. We've become really good friends and It was so great getting to spend time with her. She has the cutest little boy that I want.
Here's to the internet for rekindling friendships and making new ones! (but not for meeting weirdos and stalkers and creepies. Oh, and bad gossip and basically anything you want to know is on here! Can't promise it's true, though. My goal is to put myself on Wikipedia)