Saturday, April 25, 2009

Some Sweet Threads

I can't help myself. Every day I look up maternity clothes and bookmark the cute ones. I'm already walking around with the button unbuttoned on a few of my jeans. Yesterday was the first day I had to do that. Maybe I'll post some cute stuff I found.... maybe I'll wait till I actually buy some and post those.

This is about some baby clothes. I have a hard time looking at baby stuff that's not crib, stroller, high chair or maybe even diaper bags. Until I know what I'm having will I let myself really want/look at any of them. But yesterday I went to the mall with a friend who is 4 days more pregnant than me. And she suggested we look at the baby clothes in Macy's. BIG MISTAKE. I about died. I wanted EVERYTHING. Although, I did narrow it down to two really really cute outfits: one boy, one girl. But I walked away without them. I know someday I will probably use it, but I don't want to buy stuff that will just sit in my closet for years.

That brings me to this post. I caved and typed in "baby clothes" into google. I clicked on "Retro Baby" and some of the stuff is so funny. I don't think I'd pay 18 bucks for a onsie, but some are really cute - I had to share some of the best.

Thing 1 and Thing 2
"That's How I Roll"

I put a few of these fake dress shirts up, but what I really want is a drawn on coverall with straw sticking out everywhere so he can be just like his(or her) daddy during grain harvest.
"I Like To Hit the Bottle"


"Give A Hoot Don't Pollute"
"Party at My Crib"
"I Just Spent Nine Months on the Inside"
McBaby

I see this on my 18 month old girl with a skirt on a summer day. Screaming....

"Fat kids are harder to kidnap" I think I might spend the 18 bucks on this one.
"Does this diaper make my butt look big?" Like mother, like daughter.
I like the suspenders
This will be very true in my house
Baby Bling

Here is the website in case you see something you HAVE to have. There are a lot of Dr. Seuss stuff. I do think I want the fat baby one......

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Those are so funny!

I actually think that little boy's clothes can be more fun, but it's hard to find!

When I've bought things for friend's showers, there is no dearth of clothes for little girls.

Aquaspce said...

LOVE THEM ALL it almost makes me want to have another baby... ALMOST!

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

hahaha these are super cute. Too expensive but definitely cute. I'm so excited for you!

Alexis Treese said...

i MAKE A LOT OF gINGER'S ONESIES. sorry i hit caps. its super easy. she's 7 weeks and still in newborn onsies. And the newborn clothes are so cheesy. 0-3 months are cool though. Any way, Im coming to Utah soon so hopefully you can be there too and I'll show you how to make some cool ones. PS I notice these are primarily boy onesies...you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

I bought EVERYTHING in sight when I was prego with my daughter! I think I seriously changed her clothes twice a day and she still didn't wear everything! I actually bought a onesie that said, 'Daddy drinks because I cry', but I never put it on her [okay yes I did, ONCE]

Whitney R said...

Ali - I didn't even notice.. hahahha. so funny. When are you going!? I'm there. I've been aching to go but cant think of a date. I'm emailing you.

Kate - maybe after she spit up 7 times on the other one?

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Those are cute. I still cannot bring myself to spend a lot on baby clothes since they usually wear them twice and, in those two times, poop and spit up on them. But they are adorable :)

Wendyburd1 said...

Target has some really cute baby clothes!! And I LOVE the "I Just Spent Nine Months on the Inside" onesie, SO cute!!

Kayleigh said...

Awwww! I don't have a baby and won't for years, but I love shopping for baby clothes. They're just so freakin' cute!

rychelle said...

Cute and funny. A perfect combo.

Korbi said...

Hey congrats on the baby expecting! :)

Em said...

congrats!! ya I am so excited!!

Teresa Jordan said...

So funny! I can't wait to log on in a few months and see your cute little baby in one of these shirts.

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! One of those is for graduating (good for you!) and the other one is for the baby.

I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

OK Whit, invest the 18$ in some nice fabric paint and/or puff paint, buy some plain onesies and make your own, That's what I used to do, you can have a onesie art party with friends or do an enrichment...