Sunday, July 11, 2010

Busy

I have been busy!  Busy cleaning, busy exercising, busy mommying, busy trying to create my website and busy taking and editing pictures!

I am pretty excited about this new adventure I am now on.  It's been a month now since I've decided that I'm for sure going to do this and I've thrown myself into it.  I wanted to do it right the first time so I've been taking my time with things.

My website is up and running.  It is a work in progress.  For one I cannot figure out how to get text under my photos - it's under it while I'm composing, but when I publish it goes on the side.  I'll be working on that.  So, be prepared to see plenty of changes in the next days/weeks/months.

The name.  So, the poll on my sidebar - Whitney Rae won and it happened to be the one I liked best anyway.  Well, whitneyrae.com was taken and I debated whether or not to go through with the same name anyway - I mean, her business is "coming soon" and mine is here and I doubt she is in South Eastern Idaho.  So then I checked Whitneyk and that was taken.  So, I figured I am probably the only Whitney Kathleen in existance, and turns out I pretty much almost am.  At least I am in the photography world.  So, Whitney Kathleen it is.  I still like the sound of Whitney Rae better, but Whitney Kathleen works.  I just wanted something simple.

My site is whitneykathleen.com and I have a facebook page as well - it's on my sidebar.  I'm still doing my free shoots for the next few weeks in July.  I've done 3 and have 4 more.  I'm ready to start making money so I can expand!  I.E. (did I use that properly?) equipment/photoshop stuff/new camera/pay things off.

Currently I am working on my packaging.  I really like what Jenna has done.  I want it to look nice and professional.  I want it to be something people look forward to about booking with me.  So, I'm trying to come up with my own stuff (and using some with permission- the tin and tissue paper and box idea).  Thanks Jenna!

Here is one I took of my super cute nephew last week:



9 comments:

佳皓佳皓 said...

越來越多人看你的部落格 要繼續加油喔 ..................................................................

Nathan and Paloma said...

That's so exciting! The packaging would be a favorite part for me.

if you put in the html code
after your picture and before your text, it will make a break between the two. That should work for ya. :)
keep us updated on the progress- especially the final packaging. I'm happy for you!

Nathan and Paloma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan and Paloma said...

oops it did the action. the html code is
< b r > with out any spaces between.

*MARY* said...

How exciting Whitney! You are a natural photographer.

BTW, The Chinese commenter is not me! I SWEAR!

義珊義珊 said...

時間可證明一切~你的BLOG是我覺得不賴的..................................................................

倫惟倫惟 said...

才華在逆境中展現,在順境中被掩藏。..................................................................

佳穎DennyR_Guao0506 said...

從來愛都不知它的深度,非得等到別離的時候.................................................................

佩璇佩璇 said...

認識自己,是發現妳的真性格、掌握妳的命運、創照你前程的根源。.......................................................